UDFS Reporting Team Minutes
TASK: Look into Query Security
- Executive Committee Update
A. Object code assignment being done to eliminate detailed o/c
B. Table complete for use in mapping
C. PS Town Hall meeting to be held
D. No version 8 for E&G-going straight to 9
- Projected release date: First quarter of 2002
- Budgets 8 is out and in Torys office report team to work on reporting for budgets.
- PS to send rep to campus to address concerns/complaints
- Oracle presentation organized by Greg was held on February 20th.
- Creates html
- Maintains design content of web page in a db
- Creates and distributes reports/forms/queries
- ad hoc reporting tool
- "business area" allows a data warehouse type view to be created for users eliminating the need for an extract
- multiple business areas can be developed for users with different needs
- reports can be generated and distributed on the web
- integrated with Portal and Reports
- an extremely powerful reporting tool that allows for codeless creation of simple to complex reports that use multiple data sources or queries.
- All reports can be put directly on the web.
- Reports have nav-bars (table of contents), drill-down, graphs, external links, etc.
- Integrated with Portal and Discoverer.
- Codeless report writer for web reports
- Distributes reports on the web
- Has several nice features but not as powerful as Oracle Portal and Reports used together.
Tentative PeopleBooks assignments:
March 7 Van
March 14 PS Recording
March 28 Fine tune query class follow-up presentation to be done by Carol/Julie