Project Module Team Meeting
General Accounting Conference Room
Wednesday, February 7, 2001
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Dave Bley (Facilities), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Gerri Hobbs (OVPR), Van Adams (IT/MIS), Executive Team
Absent: Sharon Flynn(Investments), Robin Harbaugh(Marine Studies)
Denise to summarize panels/fields/records from Access Table of all.
OVPR and Facilities to match UD fields to PS fields for next meeting.
Denise to email/call other Universities/Colleges with questions concerning Projects/Grants/GL modules. Setup phone conversations with representatives from GA, OVPR, Facilities.
Denise to see about new working member(Dennis Collins/Chris Cook).
Team members to learn more about Phases, Segments and Activities of the Project Chartfield. Open item.
Carol and Van to run some sample queries with data. Demo next meeting.
Team members to learn more about the general concept of PTD(information available forever). Gerri and Sharon assigned to this, presentation on 3/7)
Sharon to see if she can have a Univ of Mich tech person contact a UD tech person concerning their Endowment "system".
Events lists(OVPR and Facilities) need to be updated for review by Lynda.
Team members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
All to bring calendars to next meeting.
- Marsha gave a demonstration on PS queries to the Team Leaders, very informative, handout provided to team members for any wanting to give it a try.
- Financials 9.0(E&G/Commercial) expected 3/02. No E&G 8.0 being produced. New product will be combined E & G with Commercial.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is being looked into by Roby.
- Carol and Van have set up the Project module. With calendars, team members will set a time for demo of this process.
- Exec Comm wants panel assignment complete by 4/1.
- Chartfields and journals to be added to SUV by 2/28 to start accrual running and report writing. Vendors already added.
- Dave McCarren will be sitting in for Robin Harbaugh for several months as the CMS representative.