Projects Module Team Meeting Wednesday, February 21, 2001
General Accounting Conference Room
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Dave Bley (Facilities), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Gerri Hobbs (OVPR), Van Adams (IT/MIS/Executive Team), Sharon Flynn(Investment Accounting), Dave McCarren(Marine Studies), Chris Cook(Chemical Engineering)
Absent: Robin Harbaugh(Marine Studies)
- Will the University use a third party work order system?
- Denise to summarize panels/fields/records from Access table of all. New version to be mailed to team members.
- OVPR and Facilities to continue matching UD fields to PS fields.
- Denise to email/call other Universities/Colleges with questions concerning Projects/Grants/GL modules. Setup phone conversations with representatives from GA, OVPR, Facilities.
- Van to provide Denise name of contact at Vanguard where Projects is implemented.
- Denise to notify Roby of potential consultant Arthur Andersen provided by Gerri.
- Team members to learn more about Segments, Phases and Activities of the Project Chartfield. Open item.
- Team members to learn more about the general concept of PTD(information available forever). Gerri and Sharon assigned to this, presentation on 3/7.
- Sharon to see if she can have a Univ of Mich tech person contact a UD tech person concerning their Endowment "system". Contact most likely during Orlando conference.
- Events lists(OVPR and Facilities) need to be updated for review by Lynda.
- Team members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
- Welcome to Dave McCarren(sitting in for Robin temporarily) and Chris Cook.
- Demo by Van/Carol of Project Chartfield reporting with queries showing projects, segments, phases and activities.
- New SUV ready for download per Vanís email of 2/20/01.
- All future Projects Module team meetings will be in 003 Hullihen.
- Financials 9.0(E&G/Commercial) expected 3/02.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is being looked into by Roby.
- Team members will have a demo of the Projects Module setup on 4/9 in 003 Hullihen.
- Remove following from user-defined field possibilities per Carol
. beginning vs. temporary vs. permanent budget
- Exec Comm wants panel assignment complete by 4/1.
- The 3/21 meeting is moved to 3/28, 10:30 Ė 12:00.
- Notify Ellen Bourett anytime you are going to use 003 Hullihen.
- Webcast demonstration for a future meeting.