Projects Module Team Meeting March 28, 2001
003 Hullihen Hall
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Dave Bley (Facilities), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Gerri Hobbs (OVPR), Sharon Flynn(Investment Accounting), Chris Cook(Chemical Engineering), Van Adams (IT/MIS/Executive Team)
Absent: Robin Harbaugh(Marine Studies), , Dave McCarren (Marine Studies), Rachel Strickland (OVPR)
- Will the University use a third party work order system?
- OVPR and Facilities to continue matching UD fields to PS fields (Facilities ˝ way complete, OVPR slower progress, but both think they will be ready by early April). Chris Cook to begin to assist with the OVPR fields.
- Denise to contact other Universities/Colleges concerning Projects/Grants/GL modules.
- Van to provide Denise name of contact at Vanguard where Projects is implemented.
- Team members to learn more about Segments, Phases and Activities of the Project Chartfield. Sharon and Chris will continue to learn more and possibly demo at the April 4th meeting.
- Team members to learn more about the general concept of PTD(information available forever). Open item.
- Events lists(OVPR and Facilities) need to be updated for review by Lynda.
- Team members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
- Financials 8.x (E&G/Commercial) expected 3/02. Being called Project Gemini
- Version 9.0 is expected to be released 12/02-mainly for needed commercial changes not addressed in 8.x.
- HEUG Conference-various sessions attended with some very helpful-no specific Projects sessions-Endowments session indicates that Projects won’t be used for this-Grants session presented by Univ of Mich with small research dollars and much customization-not as helpful as first thought.
- Grants Module Team being set up with custom Grants training expected early June.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is being looked into by Roby.
- Team members will have a demo of the Projects Module setup on 4/12 in 003 Hullihen.
- Exec Comm wants panel assignment complete by 4/1.
- The next meeting will be 4/4/01 at 10:00 am.
- Webcast demonstration for a future meeting.