Project Module Team Meeting
General Accounting Conference Room
Wednesday, January 24, 2001
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Dave Bley (Facilities), Sharon Flynn (Investments), Robin Harbaugh (Marine Studies),
Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Van Adams (IT/MIS), Executive Team
Absent: Gail Tentor (Facilities), Gerri Hobbs (OVPR)
Denise to summarize panels into one spreadsheet, due to Exec Comm 1/31.
Team members will finish reading their assigned Peoplebooks chapters for the 2/7/01 meeting and also review the list of information from Carol.
A master list of questions will be created to ask universities that use Projects/Grants modules if they are willing to share their experience. Denise to email/call contacts.
Committee members will continue to analyze events lists to determine what matches and doesn’t between UD and the PS flowcharts.
Committee members will finish reading their assigned Peoplebooks chapters for the 2/7/01 meeting. Van suggested in doing the readings we more scan the information looking for key words/concepts that have to do with what we want to be able to do in the new system.
Project/Grant chartfield. Van and Carol will write some queries against test data to learn more about Phases, Segments and Activities. Dave and Robin will find out more about Integration.
Gerri and Sharon to learn more about the general concept of PTD(information available forever).
Sharon to see if she can have a Univ of Mich tech person contact a UD tech person concerning their Endowment "system".
Team members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
Denise will look into how PS webcasts might help(Customer Connection). Julie Burton is creating directions.
- A hands on Peoplesoft activity will now be part of all our meetings.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is also being looked into.
- The setup team(Carol, Van, et al) will setup the Project module next.
- Marsha discovered a way to get a listing of panels/fields. Exec Comm investigating whether it can be used to complete first portion of panels assignment. Should know within a week or two.
- Exec Comm wants panel assignment complete by 4/1.
- Timing of 8.0, current expected date is 9/01 or 10/01.
- Sample vendors, chartfields and journals to be added to SUV by 2/28 to start accrual running and report writing.