Project Module Team Meeting
General Accounting Conference Room
Wednesday, January, 10, 2001 10:15
Present: Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Sharon Flynn (Investments), Robin Harbaugh (Marine Studies),
Gerri Hobbs (OVPR), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Van Adams (IT/MIS), Executive Team, Lynda Ruggerio (IT), Executive Team
Absent: Dave Bley (Facilities)
Several committee members need to complete Peoplesoft information on the panels for the 1st four columns of the worksheet and e-mail that information to Denise.
Denise to send definitions and panels to Carol by April 1st.
Committee members need to continue thinking about how their departments would use the user-defined chartfields.
Committee members will continue to analyze events lists to determine what matches and doesn’t between UD and the PS flowcharts. Lynda suggested that OVPR move more to events then processes orientation in their continuation of this assignment. Update is due at the meeting January 24th.
Committee members will read their assigned Peoplebooks chapters for the 1/24/01 meeting. Van suggested in doing the readings we more scan the information looking for key words/concepts that have to do with what we want to be able to do in the new system.
Two new assignments were discussed. Rachel and Denise will do the first, which is to better learn how to define project fields. The second on how we re going to capture project-to-date information forever will be done by Gerri and Sharon.
Gail will expand her search for users of the Project Module and provide an update of responses.
- Carol indicated that there will be a project training session (not E&G) in Bethesda and 1 or 2 people will be attending.
- Arrangement for a demo of the project module is also being looked into.
- Denise will look into how PS webcasts might help.
- Members need to make notes of panels that they feel that have good potential.
- Next meeting is 1/24/01 in the General Accounting Conference Room.
- Project Module Committee while reading Peoplebooks needs to try and find how phases, segments, activities, and project life are used.
- The three priorities for the group at this time are to; complete the panel work, continue to work on the events assignment and work on the two new assignments on project fields and project-to-date history.