University of Delaware      Grants/Projects Module, Grants Subgroup Team Meeting Minutes      9/19/01


Grants Subgroup Team Members Present:

Becky Boutz:  OVPR (Team Leader)                                                   Chris Cook: Chemical Engineering                                                          

Van Adams:  IT/MIS   (Non-working member)                                  Gerri Hobbs: OVPR

Dave McCarren: Marine Studies                                                                    

Carol Rylee : Budget Off. (Non-working member)

Rachel Strickland: OVPR 


Status of Tasks Assigned:


Pending Tasks Assigned


Panel Assignments (Grants)

100% Complete

Document UD/GMS Table and Field Names

85% Complete

Document Panels & Fields for Review

100% Complete

Grants Module Set up

99% Complete

Mapping UD data into P.S. Grants Module

1% Complete

Interfaces(from/to/internal/external) (Grants)

Not assigned yet

Table Prioritization: Significant Tables to PeopleSoft App. And Significant Tables to UOD business processes

Not assigned yet


Status of Facilities Sub-Team by Denise Schneider:


No report, Denise not present.

Update from Exec. Team Leaders Meeting: 

No report, no exec. Team meeting.


On-Demand Training Module Decisions:

It was decided that we will view the Chart Field web cast next meeting 10/3. It is 40 minutes long.


Ongoing Assignments to keep notebook of Special Concerns/Issues:

Billing:  Rachel Strickland

Accounting Issues: Denise Schneider

Departmental Issues: Chris Cook and Dave McCarren (individually)

OVPR/Proposals Issues: Gerri Hobbs

OVPR/Award Issues: Barb MacKenzie

Grants/Projects Interfaces: Becky Boutz


Setup of Grants:

The team finalized the setup  of the F&A Tree, and continued working on Chapter 3 of the workbook to implement our own proposals. Action items determined:

1)       Van and Becky will check out the HR connection to the feed of data for the grants module.

2)       Van will check on the effect of upgrades on the control tables…whether they are treated as data or will be overwritten at upgrade.

3)       Look at FS_23 and FS_06 to determine their values as they relate to the grants set up.


We will begin to process a proposal next meeting after the chart field on line training.


Assignments for next meeting:  

1.       Mapping UD data assignment