Summary of 12/14/00 G/L Team Meeting

 

Attendees:  Ben Martin                  

                   Cathy Zinszer

                   Dave Adkins

                   Jeff Quirico               

                   Linda Somers  

 

Excused:  Karen D’Amato         

                 Tim Miller                  

 

Decisions:  None

 

 

Task:  Ben assigned specific panels related to the  PS General Ledger to each G/L team

           member to complete the research in SUV.  Keep track of what you’ve found

           (noting data we have and data we don’t).  Document the information by filling out

           the left side of the spreadsheet that Carol Rylee provided.  Forward the

           spreadsheet to Ben after completion of each sub section.  Ben and Jeff will look

           at the data in relationship to current data dictionaries, central tables, and query

           screens, and will complete the right side of the spreadsheet. 

 

Ben announced that there is a new training method on the wed where we can access recorded  PS seminars.  Julie Burton is in the process of drafting instructions to assist you in setting up your computer for live access.

 

Linda Somers has completed the acronyms for the GA account codes.  Ben, Julie, Denise, and Sharon will finish populating the accounts in PS.  This data will be used for testing purposes in SUV to produce a trial balance.

 

Roby requested a new standard to be used when producing excel spreadsheets  to be shared by others.

  1. include file path and name
  2. instructions should include spreadsheet #1, #2, etc
  3. Save your document with your cursor  positioned at the top left corner

 

The General Ledger Team gave a presentation to the  Executive Committee on 12/7 comprised of the following information: 

 

  1. Ben gave an overview the presentation
  2. Jeff, Cathy, and Linda demonstrated producing an actual journal voucher in SUV
  3. Ben and Cathy (budget Events) discussed the events list versus the G/L flow chart.  Ben also discussed periods, calendars, time spans, and closing rules.
  4. Dave discussed units of measure (statistics codes)
  5. Linda discussed her efforts in creating chart field acronyms for non-academic departments/units.

 

Ben assigned specific panels related to the  PS General Ledger to each  G/L team member for completing the research in SUV.   Keep track of what you’ve found (noting data we have and data we don’t).  Document the information by filling out the left side of the spreadsheet that Carol Rylee provided.  Forward the spreadsheet to Ben after completion of each sub section.  Ben and Jeff will look at the data in relationship to current data dictionaries, central tables, and query screens, and will complete the right side of the spreadsheet. 

 

The assigned panels are as follows:

            Processing Journals – Cathy

            Maintain Ledgers – Linda

            Translation Rule – Tim

            Perform Allocations – Dave

            Process Bank Statement, Load transactions, Review Financial Information – Ben

            Consolidate Results – Karen

 

Our next scheduled meeting will be on January 11, 2001.