University of Delaware
Grants/Projects Team-Facilities Subgroup October 30, 2001
Denise Schneider Yes Carol Rylee No
Dave Bley Yes Van Adams No
Eileen Prazniak Yes
% Resource Resource
ID Issues to be Resolved Duration Start Finish Predecessors Complete Group Names
% Resource Resource
ID Task Name Duration Start Date Finish Date Predecessors Complete Group Names
(calc field)
113 Create List of Tables in Priority Order 07/01/2001 10/31/2001 112 0% Facilities Denise
     .Team will use meeting time to go through the Projects manual creating practical examples(started Chapter 5)
     .Team members to review chapters 5 and 6 in the Projects Manual for next meeting on 11/6.
114 Identify interfaces(from/to/internal/external) 05/08/2001 05/31/2001 100% Facilities Dave
     .Per email from Van, SIS file included students who lived on campus, ssn, name and home address.  Dave to look into how info
      came to Facilities.
     .Dave to give short demo for the intuitive ad-hoc reporting from the maintenance system(on hold until meeting when all members
      are present.
To Do:
1)Review Object Code Table and be prepared to discuss comments/questions.
2)Review PS Department Table and be prepared to discuss comments/questions.
3)Read Chapters 5 and 6 in Projects Manual.
4)Dave to work with Barbara Graham-replacement for Gail
   per Dave, we will have a replacement for Gail in the near future-expected to be a Project Manager
6)Next meeting will be 11/6 and then back on track for meetings every two weeks.
7)Contacts with other Universities-Facilities-Dave to contact 2-4 schools
     Dave sent several emails(West Chester, Georgetown and Rutgers with no response yet.  He will send another 2-4 for next meeting
     Don Fogg from West Chester responded that he would be in touch.  Dave will also send an email to Wake Forest
        based on List Serve message concerning Projects and Asset Management.
   per Dave, response from Doug Tilghman, Univ of Kansas-we're using the DeptID filed to assign a "cost center"
   to each construction project and track those expenses in GL
8)Carol to contact Western Michigan.
   per Carol, response from Michael Meister, Western Michigan-we currently have no systems in place on PS to track
   projects of this nature, currently looking at rolling in the fixed asset system ASAP and hope to incorporate
   these pieces into this
This meeting was very short as Carol and Van were not present.  We will be meeting next week, 11/6 and expect to get
back on track.