Project Module Team Meeting

General Accounting Conference Room

9:00 – 10:30


Present:  Denise Schneider (General Accounting/Team Leader), Rachel Strickland (OVPR), Van Adams (IT/MIS), Carol Rylee (Budget Office/Executive Team), Gail Tentor (Facilities), Robin Harbaugh (Marine Studies).


Excused: Gerri Hobbs (OVPR)


The meeting began promptly at 9am with an introduction of all team members.


Denise provided information on the UDFS web site and notified the team of the email.  She recommended going to the UDFS web site on a regular basis.


Denise shared general comments from the Executive Committee/Team Leader meeting.


It was stressed how important it is to meet deadlines…if we miss a deadline, we could hold up other teams.


There are five module teams: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Projects and Reporting.  The target date to have these modules in place is no later than July 1, 2002.  There is a possibility that the PeopleSoft system will be used to run the FY01 Year End close in parallel with the current system.


It was noted that the Grants Module (which is based on the Projects Module) would be implemented during Phase II along with budgets, accounts receivable and asset management.  Target date for implementation of those modules is July 1, 2003.


The Projects Team has three main areas of concentration:  OVPR, Facilities and Endowments.



-         Denise and Rachel from the Projects Team will attend a one day beginner seminar on August 28 along with the other Team Leaders and a member from the other teams.  They will bring information back to the team and train them on use of the system.


-         Eventually, the team members will be responsible for teaching the PeopleSoft system campus wide.


All team members should be sure to have the single user version of PeopleSoft loaded on their PC’s.  They should refer to the UDFS main web site under the miscellaneous section to retrieve information on installing the tutorial.  Carol Rylee suggested that everyone use the tutorial.



-         The Projects Team will be at least once every two weeks


-         Team Leaders will meet with the Executive Committee once a month


-         Carol Rylee is the Executive Team member who will be part of the Projects Team.  Other Executive Team members may attend the Projects Team meetings if needed


Educause:   Denise will provide information to all team members to join this listserv.


Over the next four months, the team must meet four main goals:


-         develop an events list describing the processes in OVPR, Facilities and Endowments (to be completed for a 8/15/00 Executive Committee Mtg)


-         develop a list of files that are used that will eventually be turned into tables for use in PeopleSoft


-         list reports used in OVPR, Facilities and Endowments that will be reviewed by the Reporting Team to determine how to obtain the same information using reporting tools in PeopleSoft


-         Review Shadow Systems currently used in OVPR, Facilities and Endowments that will be essential in the PeopleSoft system


Team Members were given assignments on preparing an events list.


The next meeting was scheduled for August 11 at 8am at the General Accounting Conference Room.  At that time the committee will set a regular meeting date for every other week.


The meeting was adjourned at 10:30.