Conventions for Conversion of UD account code to PeopleSoft Chartfields
· No current UD equivalent
· All will be UOD01 and will be pre-coded
· Roughly equivalent to Current UD fund (first character of current code 1 through 9)
· OPBAS - Current UD 010, 012, 011 and 013
· OPSS - Current UD 020 and 021
· OPBAL - Current UD Allocated and Restricted (015, 016, 017, 027, 03x and 04x)
· NOEND - Current UD 06x and 07s
· NOLOA - Current UD 05x
· NOPLT - Current UD 08x
· AGNCY - Current UD 09x
· Roughly equates to UD Expense Function (characters 3 and 4 of current code)
· Will not include any equivalent for current Transfers & Allocations
· No Revenue source - will be identified by PS Account
· INST1 - Instruction (UD 01)
· INST2 - Departmental Research (UD 09)
· INST3 - Activities of Educational Departments (UD 10)
· RSCH1 - Federal Research (UD 21)
· RSCH2 - State Research (UD 22 & 27)
· RSCH3 - Industry Research (UD 23)
· RSCH4 - Foundations Research (UD 24)
· RSCH5 - Other Sponsored Research (UD 25)
· RSCH6 - University Sponsored Research (UD 29)
· RSEXP - Ag Experiment Station (UD 31)
· AGEXT - Ag Extension (UD 41)
· PUBSV - Public Service (UD 42)
· SPINS - Sponsored Institutes (UD 43)
· ACDLB - Library (UD 51)
· ACDAD - Academic Administration (UD 53)
· ACDSP - Academic Support (UD 54 & 56)
· STSVC - Student Services (UD 61 & 62)
· OPMNT - Operations & Maint of Plant (UD 71)
· ADRES - Research Administration (UD 73)
· ADALL - Administrative allowable in Indirect Cost Calc (UD 74)
· ADNON - Administrative NOT allowable in Indirect Cost calc (UD 76)
· BENEF - Benefits (May need to be fixed in table) (UD 75)
· FAFEL - Student Aid (Financial Aid & Fellowships) (UD 81,82,83)
· RSRVS - Reserves (UD 85,86,95,96)
· AUXIL - Auxiliary Enterprises (UD 90,91,92,93,94,95)
· AGNCY - All Agency Funds (UD 99)
· User-Defined Field
· Pre-Set definitions to be maintained centrally (e.g. User Field 1)
· Departments will maintain individual associated definitions in department - each department’s definitions may be different.
· For very large programs or multiple use items this field may be used to contain a descriptor of the overall program rather than a generic description such as User Field 1.
· Field to define contract and grant accounts and facilities projects
· For contract and grant accounts, value will be same as psdepartment + fiscal year at end
· For 8-5 and 8-6 projects will be the same as psdepartment.
· In other than C & G Udacccts, field will be used to denote Sea Grant, Ag exp station, extension, etc.
· MCI will not have a special psdept designator – will be specified in project (1MCI2002)
· Project field may be used to assist in the identification of matching for grants,
· Roughly equivalent to current UD object codes and Assets & Liabilities
· Salary Expense items will encompass current UD Object Code & Line Number (e.g. UD 202001 will now be 1PFAAA - with PF standing for Professional Full-time)
· Non-Salary Expense items will start with a 1 (e.g. Office Supplies will be 1410000)
· Revenue items will start with an R (e.g. Endowment will be R04600)
· Assets will begin with an A (e.g. General Operating Cash = A11WT1)
· Liabilities will begin with an L (e.g. Federal Income Tax Payable = L3FITP)
· Institutional Fund Balances will begin with an F
· All Transfers will be processed via JV using 9TRSF00
· Line numbers for grad students and postdocs will be assigned and controlled at the unit/college level with the understanding that there will be no duplication of a student within a college.
· Full-time faculty and chairs will each have their own PS Account for their regular funding lines (not supplements) throughout their life at UD. For initial conversion, the PS account will be: i.e., 1FFxxx with xxx being the current line number.
· 9-book acronyms will be: 9-2 accts = STGP;9-5 and 9-7 will be EXFA; 9-6 is AGCY
· Loan Funds (5-x) will carry acronym LOAN then fund type,then random starting from 2111 (LOAN512111)
· 8-4 accts will carry the acronym UNIV then fund type type then random starting from 2111
· 8-3 accts will carry the acronym DEBT then fund type then random starting from 2111
· Alpha characters are acceptable in the 4th character of PS Acct to expand the number of character combinations that are available. Example: 14xxAAA
· All Faculty and Chairs will carry their own individual PS Acct with them for life. Graduate students and post docs will probably be assigned as unique at the college level. For conversion purposes, line numbers for these folks will be used as the last three digits in the PS Acct AT CONVERSION ONLY.
· PS Accts for administrative supplements for chairs will be 1CAAAA and summer supplements for chairs will be 1CSAAA. In the case where there are multiple supplements in one dept, the next in line will be used (1CAAAB and ICSAAA). Administrative supplements for faculty will be 1FAAAA and summer supps will be 1FSAAA. Administrative supplements for professionals will be 1PAAAA and summer supps will be 1PSAAA.
· S contracts issued using currently object codes 204, 213, 214 will carry the following PS ACCTS with the last three digits being the regular person’s last three digit line number: 204 = 1SPAAA; 213 = 1SSAAA; 214 = 1SFAAA
· Roughly equivalent to current UD 11-digit code (excluding Assets & Liabilities)
· 1st 4 characters will identify major unit (mirror Registrar's acronyms at time of setup)
· Next 2 characters generally identify UD Fund Type (e.g. UD 031 = 31)
· Final 4 characters are randomly sequentially assigned
· PS Department = Speedtype
· Final 4 digits of all except for 15,16,17 will start with 2 (e.g. ACCT112111)
· Final digits of 15,16,17 ??????
· Main Operating 1-book accounts – e.g. ACCT11
· Main Operating 2-book accounts (where identifiable) – e.g. HSNG21
· Main Revenue and Expense 2-books will have identical department code
· Supplemental Funds will have an S in the 7th digit
· Main to be just 17S – e.g. CHEG17S
· Sub Supplemental Funds – e.g. CHEG17S511
· BLDG Acronyms will be descriptive of the project
· 15 will be 17 in PeopleSoft
· UD fund type 040: digits 5 and 6 will be 22
· UD Fund type 030: digits 5 and 6 will be 3A
· Ag Experiment Station codes will have a P in the 7th digit
· Ag Extension will have a T in the 7th digit
· Sea Grant codes will have a G in the 7th digit
· Endowments to start with XM or XS with rest descriptive of the title
· Funds held in trust to start with a Y
· Life Income Funds to start with a Z
· Each major unit will have a code that starts with its 4-digit acronym with PROP added on. This will be the generic department used for Proposal Submissions ONLY.
· Redesignates and Deletes are not being converted at this time and thus have NONE next to them.
· Codes with function 87,88,89,97,98,99 and not being converted at this time as we think we may not have to do transfers and allocations as we currently know them.
· New Chartfield Operational Unit will be our solution for more details PS Dept breakdown; i.e. CHEP individual depts..
· All 3-6 accts will carry the acronym CWSP
· All Academic units will have a basic budget psdepartment for instruction, service, departmental research and matching. A sample of the instruction format is: CHEM11. Service equivalents will have an "S" added as follows: CHEM11S. Departmental Research will have a "DR" added as follows: CHEM11DR. Match will have an "M" added as follows: CHEM11M.
· It is anticipated that this will be available for users as a user chartfield
· This will be used to tag and track State Appropriation for Operations, State Special Lines and Capital State items.
· This will be used to track source of funds backing expenditures for capital projects, including State and all other sources. Values will be:
1000000000 STATE APPROPRIATION FOR OPERATIONS
4000000000 STATE SPECIAL LINE
1100000000 DINING RESERVE FOR CAPITAL NEEDS
1200000000 HOUSING RESERVE FOR CAPITAL NEEDS
1500000000 BOOKSTORE RESERVE FOR CAPITAL NEEDS
1600000000 ATHLETIC RESERVE FOR CAPITAL NEEDS
1700000000 FUNDED FROM BOND ISSUES
2000000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x0
2100000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x1
2200000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x2
2300000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x3
2400000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x4
2500000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x5
2600000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x6
2700000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x7
2800000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x8
2900000000 STATE CAPITAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR YEAR 20x9
3300000000 FEDERAL FUNDS
5200000000 STATE FUNDS
6100000000 UNIDEL FOUNDATION
6200000000 LONGWOOD FOUNDATION
6300000000 OTHER FOUNDATIONS
6400000000 RESTRICTED GIFTS
6500000000 RESTRICTED GIFTS
7000000000 UNIVERSITY FUNDING
8100000000 ENDOWMENT INCOME
· Chartfield 3 will be used for contracts and grants agency information. The logic is based on previously used logic in the current Grants Management System.