The following are guidelines the Physical Therapy Admissions Committee will use in selecting Early Decision applicants. These are the minimally acceptable criteria. Selection is on a competitive basis and meeting the minimal criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
- The student must be a full time junior at the University of Delaware.
- It is strongly recommended that all prerequisite courses be completed by the end of the spring semester of the Junior year. Exceptions will be considered.
- The applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the science prerequisites.
- The applicant must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0.
100 volunteer hours are required for entrance into the DPT program, however only 50 hours need to be completed at the time of application.
- The student must complete an Early Decision Application.
- The student must provide the program with three letters of recommendation. It is required that two letters be submitted from licensed physical therapists who can address the clinical experiences and abilities of the applicant and one letter be submitted by a professor of an upper-level course taken at the University of Delaware.
- The applicant must be available for an interview if requested by the Admissions Committee.
- Additional consideration will be given to students who are in the Honors of Science and Engineering Scholars programs or have received a research fellowship such as a Peter White Fellowship.
IF ACCEPTED, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS BY AUGUST 15 (prior to the beginning of senior year):
- The student must complete the online PTCAS and UD Graduate Application.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam) must be taken and scores submitted to the University of Delaware using School Code 5811. We highly recommend that applicants take the GRE prior to June 1. This will assist us in evaluating candidates for admission. For students who do not take the GRE prior to June 1 and are conditionally admitted through UD Early Decsion, scores must be sent to the University by the open PTCAS early decision deadline of August 15.
- All students conditionally admitted through the UD Early Decision process will be required to attend an interview day scheduled in mid-September.
For additional information, you may contact Admissions at 302-831-8910.
Submit Early Decision Application and Recommendation letters to:
301 McKinly Lab
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716
Contact us: email@example.com