The following list represents the minimally acceptable criteria used by the Physical Therapy Admissions Committee in selecting Early Decision applicants. Given a highly qualified applicant pool, satisfying the minimal criteria does not guarantee admission into the program.
- The applicant must be a full time junior at the University of Delaware.
- Prerequisite coursework is planned for completion by the end of the spring semester of the junior year. Exceptions will be considered.
- The applicant must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0.
- The applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the science prerequisites.
- The GRE (Graduate Record Exam) must be taken and scores submitted to the University of Delaware using School Code 5811. The applicant must receive scores of no less than the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam. The highest verbal and quantitative scores from all tests taken will be utilized when evaluating performance.
- The applicant must provide documentation of a minimum of 50 volunteer hours by the time of application (remaining hours can be satisfied at a later date).
- The applicant must complete an Early Decision Application.
- The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation. Two letters must come from licensed physical therapists who can directly speak to the applicant’s volunteer or work or performance in the clinical setting. One letter must be submitted by a professor of an upper-level course taken at the University of Delaware.
- Additional consideration will be given to students enrolled in the Honors of Science and Engineering Scholars programs or have received a research fellowship, such as a Peter White Fellowship.
IF ACCEPTED, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (prior to the beginning of senior year):
- Completion of the online PTCAS application by the PTCAS Early Decision deadline of August 17 and the UD graduate application via the ApplyYourself system by August 18.
- Satisfaction of all outstanding admissions requirements, including participation and successful participation in an interview in mid-September.
For additional information, you may contact the UD DPT Admissions Office at
Submit Early Decision application and recommendation letters to:
DPT Admissions - Room 210B
Department of Physical Therapy University of Delaware
540 South College Avenue
Newark, DE 19713
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org