Important Deadlines & Dates
Steps for Application
The following procedures should be followed closely when applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program at the University of Delaware. Failure to do so could result in your application being delayed or determined incomplete. Applications cannot be evaluated until all components have been verified by PTCAS (which can take 4-6 weeks) and mailed to the University of Delaware. Submission of all components is the responsibility of the applicant.
We suggest that prospective students review the Technical Performance Standards found in Section 6 of the UD Department of Physical Therapy Program Policy Document prior to submitting their application.
*Please Note: We cannot review any applicant that has not fully completed the PTCAS application, UD Graduate Application (including supplemental form) or any application PTCAS has not verified (which can take 4-6 weeks). Applications submitted after 10/1/2014 will only be reviewed if seats in the incoming class are available.
Steps for Application
- PTCAS application (http://www.ptcas.org/Home.aspx)
- Complete and submit by deadline noted above
- Send all necessary materials to PTCAS for verification
- The PTCAS verification process can take 4-6 weeks and we cannot review any application that has not been validated by PTCAS.
- UD Graduate Application
(http://www.udel.edu/gradoffice/apply/#gradapp), including UD Supplemental Form
- Complete and submit by deadline noted above.
- Complete and upload UD Supplemental Form to UD graduate application. Please list the courses taken to satisfy UD's prerequisites, any of the highly recommended courses you may have taken, and GRE scores.
- Pay Supplemental Fee of $35.
- After taking the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), request that Educational Testing Services (ETS) send the scores directly to the University of Delaware (School Code 5811).
- DO NOT upload essays (personal statement), transcripts, letters of recommendation or verification of clinical experience hours directly to the University of Delaware graduate application. These are to be sent to PTCAS for verification.
If you have any questions please contact us
at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Monday - Friday from 8:30-5:00.
Additional application procedures for international applicants.
University of Delaware
Physical Therapy Depart.
540 S. College Avenue, Suite 210B
Newark, DE 19713