Important Deadlines & Dates
Steps for Application
Average Admissions Scores
The following procedures should be followed closely when applying to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program at the University of Delaware. Failure to do so could result in your application being delayed or determined incomplete. Applications cannot be evaluated until all components have been verified by PTCAS (which can take 4-6 weeks) and mailed to the University of Delaware. Submission of all components is the responsibility of the applicant.
We suggest that prospective students review the Technical Performance Standards found in Section 6 of the UD Department of Physical Therapy Program Policy Document prior to submitting their application.
Please be aware that the supplemental University of Delaware (UD) graduate application system (ApplyYourself) is migrating to a new environment and will not be available until August 1, 2015. Therefore, candidates who wish to apply before August 1 may complete the required UD supplemental document and email it directly to UDPT at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be instructed at a later date, when the new UD graduate application system is available, to complete the supplemental application. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
- UDPT follows a rolling admissions process and early application is highly recommended.
- We cannot review any applicant that has not fully completed the PTCAS application, UD graduate application (including supplemental form) or any application PTCAS has not verified (which can take 4-6 weeks).
- Applications submitted after 10/1/2015 will only be reviewed if seats in the incoming class are available.
Steps for Application
- PTCAS application (http://www.ptcas.org/Home.aspx)
- Complete and submit by deadline noted above
- PTCAS must receive the following information by the desired deadline in order to be considered complete:
- All academic transcripts
- Foreign evaluation reports (for international applicants)
- All letters of recommendation (two from U.S. licensed physical therapists and one from a professor of an upper-level course)
- At least 50 hours observing a U.S. licensed physical therapist with an additional 50 hours expected to be completed by the time of matriculation
- At least one set of GRE scores must be reported to the University of Delaware (School Code #5811) by the desired deadline (see additional information below)
- The PTCAS verification process can take 4-6 weeks and we cannot review any application that has not been validated by PTCAS.
- UD Graduate Application
(http://www.udel.edu/gradoffice/apply/#gradapp), including UD supplemental form
- Complete and submit by deadline noted above.
- Complete and upload UD supplemental form to UD graduate application. Please list the courses taken to satisfy UD's prerequisites, any of the highly recommended courses you may have taken, and GRE scores.
- Pay Supplemental Fee of $35.
- After taking the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), request that Educational Testing Services (ETS) send the scores directly to the University of Delaware (School Code 5811).
- DO NOT upload essays (personal statement), transcripts, letters of recommendation or verification of clinical experience hours directly to the University of Delaware graduate application. These are to be sent to PTCAS for verification.
Average Admission Scores
The following data represents average scores of the most recently admitted DPT class (As of 3/16/2015).
Average cumulative undergraduate GPA: 3.75
Average science prerequiste GPA: 3.73
Average GRE scores: 74th percentile (Verbal); 73rd percentile (Math)
If you have any questions please contact us
at email@example.com or call
Monday - Friday from 8:30-5:00.
Additional application procedures for international applicants.
University of Delaware
Physical Therapy Depart.
540 S. College Avenue, Suite 210B
Newark, DE 19713