The University of Delaware Physical Therapy Department
sponsors a Journal Club for the sports medicine community including local
physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, researchers and biomechanists on the third monday
of every month. The purpose of the Journal Club is to critically review the
current literature on topics of particular interest to the Sports Medicine
and Orthopaedic Community. Examples of previous
topics include ergogenic aides, concussions, and
This Month's Journal Club
Link To Articles
Monday, November 16, 2009
Special Olympics Building
The Incidence of Injuries in Swimmers Related to Training Volume:
1. Wolf BR, Ebinger AE, Lawler MP and Britton CL (2009) Injury Patterns in Division I Collegiate Swimming.
2. Stocker D, Pink M, Jobe FW (1995) Comparison of Shoulder Injury in Collegiate- and Master's-Level Swimmers.
3. Sein ML, Walton J, Linklater J, Appleyard R, Kirkbride B, Kuah D and Murrell GAC (2008) Shoulder Pain in Elite Swimmers: Primarily Due toSwim-volume-induced Supraspinatus Tendinopathy.
4. Edelman GT. An Active Shoulder Warm-up for the Competitive Swimmer.
5. Edelman GT. Shoulder Stretching for Competitive Swimmers: Helpful or Harmful?
Having trouble reading the articles? Download Adobe Acrobat
If you are interested in joining, call Airelle Hunter-Giordano, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS, Associate Director of Sports Physical Therapy at the University of Delaware, 831-8893 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org