The University of Delaware Physical Therapy Department
sponsors a Journal Club for the sports medicine community including local
physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, researchers and biomechanists on the third monday
of every month. The purpose of the Journal Club is to critically review the
current literature on topics of particular interest to the Sports Medicine
and Orthopaedic Community. Examples of previous
topics include ergogenic aides, concussions, and
This Month's Journal Club
Link To Articles
Special Olympics Building
Knee Osteoarthritis and Nutritional Supplements
1) Clegg et al.. Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, and the Two in Combination for Painful Knee Osteoarthritis. N Engl J Med. 354(8): 795-808. 2006.
2) Felson DT. Osteoarthritis of the Knee. N Engl J Med. 354(8): 841-848. 2006.
3) Hochberg MC. Nutritional Supplements for Knee Osteoarthritis - Still No Resolution. N Engl J Med. 354(8): 858-860. 2006
1) Spindler, KP, Kuhn, JE, Dunn, W, Matthews, CE, Harrell, FE and Dittus, RS. Reading and Reviewing the Orthopaedic Literature: A Systematic, Evidence-based Medicine Approach. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 13: 220-229. 2005.
2) Appendix for Spindler article.
Having trouble reading the articles? Download Adobe Acrobat
For more information, or
if you are interested in joining, call Tara Manal MPT,OCS Clinic Director
at the University of Delaware Physical Therapy Clinic, 831-8893 or e-mail email@example.com.