|Vol. 17, No. 4||Sept. 25, 1997|
- #98F015 Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy-Tenure-track position with an initial appointment of two years. REQUIREMENTS: Ph.D. in philosophy by Sept. 1, 1998. Area of specialty: Philosophy of mind/cognitive science; Area of concentrati on: open. DUTIES: Teach two semesters, with a total of five undergraduate sections, including repeats. Some classes will have 75-100 students. Teaching opportunities available winter and summer sessions for extra pay. Ability to contribute to cultural div ersity in department or curriculum will be a positive asset. CONTACT: Send complete dossier, including writing sample and three letters of reference to Jeffrey Jordan, Department of Philosophy, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716 or fax 831-6321. DEA DLINE: Dec. 3. Interviews will take place at the Eastern APA meetings.
- #98F017 Assistant Professor, Department of Economics- REQUIREMENTS: Expertise in two of the three following fields: macroeconomics and monetary theory, time series econometrics and open economy economics. All requirements for Ph.D. should be comp leted by August 1998. CONTACT: Send a letter of application, three references and a sample of research to James L. Butkiewicz, Department of Economics, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: Dec. 15. Interviews will be conducted at the ASSA m eetings in Chicago in January.
- #98P029 Research Specialist (Level 11), College of Marine Studies, Lewes Campus-Position in a marine microbiological lab at the Hugh Sharp Campus in Lewes. REQUIREMENTS: B.S. degree and experience with chromatographic techniques essential; experi ence with HPLC desirable. DUTIES: Conduct HPLC analysis of samples collected from the Ross Sea, Antarctica and assist in original research in the Delaware Estuary. CONTACT: Send cover letter, curriculum vitae and three names and contact information (addre ss, phone and e-mail) for references to Connie Edwards, 700 Pilottown Rd., College of Marine Studies, University of Delaware, Lewes, DE 19958. DEADLINE: Oct. 1.
- #98P028 Business Analyst (Level 13), Small Business Development Center- REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) in business administration or a related field and a minimum of five years' small business management or small business ownersh ip experience. Experience in marketing or the practical management of retail or service businesses desirable. Must also have the ability to work with and relate to diverse groups of people. DUTIES: Provide direct business management and technical assistan ce to small business owners and individuals who are contemplating starting a small business. Report to the assistant director of the Small Business Development Center Network and also work with other University departments, state agencies, lending institu tions and other organizations to help businesses strengthen and expand their operations. Public presentations on small business topics, business research for clients and report preparation. CONTACT: Applications should be made by letter with accompanying resume to Kent St. Pierre, Chairperson, Search Committee, College of Business and Economics, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: Oct. 3.
- #98P030 Assistant to the Chair (L-13), Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management- REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in HRIM or appropriate level of hospitality industry experience. Must be familiar with national and regional hospitality organi zations. Strong verbal and writing skills essential. Knowledge of Macintosh (Quark Express) a must with the capability of being adminstratively self-supporting. DUTIES: Coordinate a wide range of external and internal faculty and administrative functions related to Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management (HRIM). Arrange for industry leader visits, donor development, annual career fair, trade shows, grant preparation, newsletters, advisory board meetings and interaction with regional hospitality ope rators. Report directly to the department chair. CONTACT: Applications should be made by letter with accompanying resume and references to Paul Wise, Chairperson, Search Committee, HRIM, College of Human Resources, Education and Public Policy, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: Oct. 17.