|Vol. 17, No. 34||June 11, 1998|
Facts and figures
This year, the University of Delaware celebrated its 149th Commencement.
- Estimated degrees conferred include 150 doctorates, 825 master's degrees, 3,300 bachelor's degrees and 10 associate degrees, for a total of 4,285 degrees.
- Graduates represent 40 states and 60 countries and range in age from 19 to 76, including 15 graduates who are 60 or older.
- May 30, Commencement Day, was the birthday of 17 graduates.
- Four sets of twins were graduated: Marta and Meredith Hagan of Wayne, Pa., Danielle and Deanna Disporto of Bellsville, N.J., Karen Lynn and Sarah Ann Brock of Wilmington and Heidi Fagerberg and Robin Fagerberg FioRito of Irvington, N.Y.
- The most popular first names of the graduates included Michael (112) and Jennifer (121). Most common last names are Smith (29), Miller (21), Jones (20) and Williams (14).
Photos by Jack Buxbaum