Housing info sessions set for 1998-99 applications
Vol. 17, No. 20Feb. 19, 1998

Housing info sessions set for 1998-99 applications

Assistance is available to help students who plan to live on campus during the 1998-99 academic year.

Housing Assignment Services staff will host information sessions at all four dining halls from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 20. Representatives will be present in the lobbies of Kent, Russell, Rodney and Pencader dining halls to answer questions about submitting applications and housing preferences on the web. They also will discuss on-campus options and provide printed information to students.

These sessions are being offered in conjunction with the sign-up process, which begins Feb. 23.

For the first time, on that date, current students who submit their on-campus housing applications will be able to identify their preferences for the following year at the same time.

Once an application form has been accepted on the housing central web site (www.udel.edu/hcs/), current students will be forwarded to the 1998-99 on-campus housing preference form. Previously this two-stage process took several weeks.

"Input from students and administrators told us that being able to submit both during the same period is more 'user-friendly,'" Linda Carey, housing assignment services, said. "This new procedure will streamline the housing assignment process for everyone."

Students currently living in residence halls and in Christiana Towers apartments will receive a Housing/Dining Application/ Preference Guide in their campus mailboxes on Feb. 23. This also will include instructions on how to submit an application and preferences on the web. Printed applications and preference forms also will be available at the Student Services Building and at Housing Assignment Services, at 5 Courtney St.

To guarantee on-campus housing for 1998-99, students must submit applications by the March 20 deadline. Housing assignments will be mailed to all students on April 27, and they also will be available by accessing the housing central web site.