|Vol. 17, No. 17||Jan. 22, 1998|
- #98F036 Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Science Education, Educational Development-11-month appointment commensurate with experience and background. Available July 1. REQUIREMENTS: Should have an active research program in science education, a doctorate in science education and a substantive background in science. Elementary teaching experience and experience in working with schools desired. At the senior hire level, expected to have a national reputation for research in science education. DUTIES: Develop a research program in science education, work with local schools, teach undergraduate elementary methods courses, teach master's and doctoral courses in science education and supervise graduate student research and have some service and research responsibilities in the Math and Science Education Resource Center, a newly formed center designed for outreach to K-12 science teachers. CONTACT: Send letter of application, vita, copies of selected publications and three letters of reference to William B. Stanley, Department of Educational Development, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: April 1.
- #98P056 Campus Information Technology Associate III (Level 14), Engineering-REQUIREMENTS: M.S. degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent experience, with three to five years' related experience. Experience in an academic or research setting a plus. DUTIES: Assist with the computing and networking operation for the Departments of Chemical and Mechanical Engineering and the Center for Composite Materials. The operation supports the administrative, research, academic and outreach goals of the units. Included are several UNIX servers (IBM AIX, Sun Solaris and Silicon Graphics IRIX), approximately 25 UNIX clients, five Apple Macintosh file servers, 150 Apple Macintosh clients, two Windows NT servers, an increasing number of Windows 95/NT clients, one Apple Macintosh and two NT labs. Report to the computing operations manager, who gives general direction. Expected to function autonomously, may guide and train full-time staff members, and may supervise student interns who assist with the overall operation. CONTACT: Resumes, including names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references should be sent to Joan McMullen, University of Delaware, Department of Chemical Engineering, 238 Colburn Laboratory, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: Feb.15.
- #98P057, #98P058 Case Workers (Level 11), Center for Disabilities Studies-Two full-time positions to work with pregnant women and families with infants and toddlers and provide skills to strengthen families. REQUIREMENTS: Ability to effectively communicate with families from diverse backgrounds and professionals from multiple agencies. Must be able to keep accurate, up-to-date records. Must have a CDA, A.A. or B.A./B.S. in a human resources, early childhood education or related field with at least one year of work experience with young children and families. Must have a valid driver's license and pass a criminal records background investigation. Certification in early childhood education (B-K) and ability to use word processing and data collection software preferred. Requires travel throughout Delaware. Preference be given to bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates. DUTIES: Goals include assist families to increase their skills to care for their children. CONTACT: Submit letter of application, resume and list of references to Rebecca Hardy, Center for Disabilities Studies, 101 Alison Hall, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716. DEADLINE: Feb. 6.
- #98S101 Senior Secretary (S-05) Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management-Minimum of $17,090 per annum. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D. with two years' secretarial experience; experience in the University environment and business school training preferred. Knowledge of office practices and procedures, business English, ability to communicate effectively, ability to maintain records and prepare reports or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Familiarity with Windows 95, WordPerfect 6.1, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Lotus 123 preferred. Familiarity with Macintosh a plus. DUTIES: Track and maintain all departmental budget expenditures and support department chair. Answer telephones and functions as receptionist. Schedule transportation, file, type University forms and prepare bulk mailings. Supervise work-study students, including preparation of time sheets, and maintain industry library for students. Type correspondence and prepare for briefings, seminars, workshops, trade shows and program advertisement. DEADLINE: Jan. 27.
- #98S104 Service Aide (V-01), Individual and Family Studies-Adult Day Services Center-Minimum $9,009 per annum, 25 hours per week. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Prefer some food service experience and experience working with a geriatric population. May require possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license. DUTIES: Prepare, serve and clean up after breakfast and lunch for an elderly population. Willingness to learn about the special needs of this population. Assist with recreational activities as time allows. Grocery shop and stock supplies. DEADLINE: Jan.27.
- #98S105 Secretary (S-04), Bartol Research Institute-Minimum of $16,037 per annum. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D. with one year of experience in a clerical or secretarial position; business school training preferred. Knowledge of office practices and procedures; knowledge of business English; ability to communicate effectively; ability to maintain office records and prepare routine reports; or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Familiarity with WordPerfect 7 preferred, with willingness to learn technical typing software. Should be proficient in oral and written communication skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks accurately essential. DUTIES: Answer main telephone line, handle mail, order supplies, maintain bulletin boards and publications files, prepare technical and confidential documents and provide assistance with special projects. DEADLINE: Jan. 27.
- #98S106 Senior Secretary (S-05), Food and Resource Economics- Minimum of $17,090 per annum. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D. with two years' secretarial experience; experience in the University environment and business school training preferred. Knowledge of office practices and procedures, business English, ability to communicate effectively and to maintain records and prepare reports or any equivalent combination of experience and training. DUTIES: Track graduate applicant process, track graduate students and assist with registration and process paperwork for graduate student funding. Answer telephone and direct operations research inquiries, assist in organization and advertisement of operations research seminars. Type reports and correspondence, order supplies and process paperwork for travel reimbursement and contracts and grants expenses for operations research/food and resource economics (OR/FREC). Assist with computer laboratory and hiring of student lab assistants, prepare computer lab payroll and order supplies and assist in preparation of computer lab budget. DEADLINE: Jan. 27.
- #98S108 Senior Secretary (S-05), Graduate Studies-LIMITED TO UD EMPLOYEES. Minimum $17,090 per annum. REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or G.E.D with two years' experience in a secretarial position; experience in the University environment and business school training preferred. Knowledge of office practices and procedures; knowledge of business English; ability to communicate effectively; ability to maintain records and prepare reports; or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Familiarity with SIS, Microsoft Word, graduate application process and procedures and University forms relating to graduate students preferred. DUTIES: Responsible for distribution of mail and extensive mailings to prospective students. Transmit graduate application fees to Cashier's Office. Answer telephone, handle voice attendant inquiries and greet visitors. DEADLINE: Jan. 27.