|Vol. 17, No. 11||Nov. 13, 1997|
C. Roy Rylander and his wife, Renee, were present for the dedication of the C. Roy Rylander Training Room, held Nov. 1 in Delaware Field House. The plaque, shown above, will be placed near the entrance of the room, named after Rylander, professor emeritus, who joined the UD faculty in 1946 and retired in 1988.
Rylander served as head athletic trainer from 1953-1988 and was men's varsity tennis coach from 1953 to 1993. He had the longest tenure of any UD coach, and compiled a record of 343 wins and 176 losses.
He has written and studied extensively in the areas of prevention, first aid, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries and regularly gives presentations on these subjects.
Photo by Duane Perry