|Vol. 19, No. 9||Oct. 28, 1999|
Nov. 11 deadline set for Salzburg Seminar proposals
The Salzburg Seminar Selection Committee is accepting proposals from faculty and professional staff interested in participating in the 2000 Salzburg Seminar.
Proposals to the UD committee are due by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 11. Interested persons may submit a proposal, not to exceed two pages, identifying the session they wish to attend and explaining why they believe attendance will enhance their work at the University.
The 2000 program includes sessions on:
A Salzburg brochure, outlining details of the different sessions, and a list of former UD fellows, is in the Reserve Room of the Morris Library. Information about seminar faculty at each session and other details are available at <www.salzburg seminar.org>.
- "Shakespeare Around the Globe," Feb.23-March 1,
- "American Drama: Text and Performance," March 11-18
- "European Paradox: Integration and Disintegration," March 22-29,
- "The Social and Economic Determinants of the Public's Health," April 5-12,
- "Who Will Control the Food System?", May 5-12,
- "The Entrepreneurial City," June 13-20,
- "Alternate Systems and Structures for Higher Education: Public Needs and Institutional Response for the 21st Century," July 1-8,
- "Biotechnology: Policy Issues and Regulatory Frameworks," July 12-19,
- "Transnational Perspectives on Intellectual Property and Communication Law," Aug. 2-9,
- "Youth and Civic Participation: Models for Engagement," Sept. 6-13,
- "Mass Media in the Age of Globalization," Oct. 11-18,
- "Political Leadership and Media Democracy," Oct. 21-28, and
- "Asian Economies: Regional and Global Relationships," Dec. 2-9.
Questions about the application procedure at UD may be sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.