Useful Media Links
- American History in Video is one of the UD Morris Library database subscriptions that provides 4,163 videos from Newsreel Films and Documentary Educational Resources, PBS and The History Channel titles, archival footage from NASA and NARA, additional Universal Newsreel, and much more, equaling approximately 1,027 hours. Coverage: from the discovery of the Americas to the late 20th century. Here is a short sample that was extracted from the database:
This is War
- Google Apps for Education - offers a free (and ad-free) set of customizable tools that enable faculty, staff and students to work together and learn more effectively. Provides students and faculty with website and document creation tools that offer real-time editing, sharing controls, and seamless compatibility. IT offers free workshops to show you how to use these tools.
Click here to veiw class times and register
- Google Docs – Create and share a variety of online documents, from word processing and spreadsheets to forms and presentations -- all with mobile access.
- Google Video – Securely share videos that anyone can comment on, tag and rate. Get 10GB free with every domain. Here is an example.
- Google Sites – Effortlessly build shared websites that include videos, images, gadgets and documents.
- Google Groups – Students and faculty can create their own moderated forums and mailing lists featuring strong sharing and management controls.
PBS Video Online Index
- Sakai - Sakai is a web based learning management system in which professors can prepare and deliver courses, communicate, and collaborate with their students. view a video explaining the basics of Sakai or print instructions
- University of Delaware Department of Communication Oral Communication Fellows are a committed group of undergraduate students who can help in all aspects of presentation development and delivery. Sessions are 15 minutes minimum to one hour maximum. Two locations are available for sessions, 233 Pearson Hall, and the Student Multi-Media Design Center located in the lower level of Morris Library. The service is free.
- University of Delaware Education Resource Center houses the PBS indexed videos. See the PBS online video database link to search the collection. Often times this site is down, so here is a link to a rather large pdf file of all the PBS videos available at the ERC to give you an idea of the types of videos that are availble. Here is a link to the catalog of ERC resources available for borrowing.
- University of Delaware IT Help Center
- University of Delaware Morris Library Instructional Media Department. Located in the Morris Library, adjacent to the Student Multimedia Design Center on the Lower Level, the Instructional Media Collection Department collects, houses, and maintains audiovisual materials within the University of Delaware Library, including over 20,000 programs in VHS, DVD, and other legacy formats. To search their vast collection of films, click here.
- University of Delaware Morris Library Digital Image Collection Resources Links
- University of Delaware Morris Library Multimedia Internet Resources Links
- University of Delaware Morris Library Student Multimedia Design Center. Check out their very useful Tutorials page
History Media Center Home