Keith A. Handling
Director Athletic Training Education Program
Head Athletic Trainer
- Therapeutic modalities (Cryotherapy/Cryokinetics),
- Rehabilitation protocols
- Special Olympics
- B.S., Physical Therapy, University of Delaware, 1980
- M.S., Physical Education, West Chester University, 1976
- B.S., Physical Education, University of Delaware, 1970
- 1972-present, Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 1970-1972, United States Navy
- HNES 240, Introduction to Athletic Training
- HNES 258, Advanced Taping and Bracing
- HNES 305, Fundamentals of Athletic Training
- HNES 342, Adapted Physical Education and Recreation
- HNES 403, Practicum in Adaptive Physical Education
- HNES 409, Therapeutic Modalities
- Queale, W., Snyder-Mackler, L., Handling, K., and Richards, J. (1994).
Instrumented Examination of Knee Laxity in Patients With Anterior
Cruciate Deficiency: A Comparison of the KT-2000, Knee Signature
System, and Genucom. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical therapy,
- Barlow, D., Handling, K., Neeves, R., and Troutman, K. (1992). Dynamics of
Human Anatomy. (Level III interactive videodisc), Philadelphia: Lea and Febiger.
- Moyer, J., and Handling, K. (1989). The Arthroscopic Meniscal Repair:
Recognition, Treatment, and Rehabilitation - A Functional Approach. Sports
Training, Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1, 181-190.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Nominated by Governor Thomas Carper for the 2000 President's Service Award. January 26, 2000.
- Received the 1999 Governor's Outstanding Volunteer Award for the State of Delaware, April 22, 1999.
- Inducted into the Delaware Special Olympics Hall of Fame, December 3, 1997.
- Awards won by "Dynamics of Human Anatomy" A Level III Interactive Videodisc System.
- Gold Medal - New York Film Festival, 1992
- First Place - AAHPERD Best of Video/Anatomy Award, 1992
- Finalist - International Health and Medical Film Festival, 1992 Chairperson, NATA District II, College and University Student Athletic Trainers' Committee, 1988-present.
Health and Exercise Sciences Home Page |
University of Delaware Home Page |