David G. Edwards
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Oxidative stress/inflammation
Phone: (302) 831-3363
FAX: (302) 831-3693
- PhD, University of Florida, 2002
- MS, Wake Forest University, 1993
- BS, University of Delaware, 1991
||Assistant Professor, Department of Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
||Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
||American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
||Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
||Cardiopulmonary Technologist, Mercer Medical Center, Trenton, NJ
||Research Associate/Exercise Physiologist, Department of Health and Exercise Science, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC
||Research Assistant/Exercise Physiologist, Department of Health and Sport Science, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
||Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Health and Sport Science, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Courses Currently Teaching
HESC 675 Cardiovascular Assessment II
- Edwards DG, Lang JT. Augmentation index and systolic load are lower in competitive endurance athletes. Am J Hypertens, 2005; 18: 679-683.
- Magyari PM, Aranda JM, Edwards DG, Pierce GL, Shanely RA, Braith RW. Effect of resistance exercise on skeletal muscle myopathy in heart transplant recipients. Am J Cardiol, 2005;15: 1192-1198.
- Edwards DG, Schofield RS, Magyari PM, Nichols WW, Braith RW. Effect of exercise training on central aortic pressure wave reflection in coronary artery disease. Am J Hypertens, 2004; 17: 540-543.
- Edwards DG, Schofield RS, Lennon SL, Pierce GL, Nichols WW, Braith RW. Effect of exercise training on endothelial function in men with coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 2004; 93:617-20.
- Schofield RS, Edwards DG, Schuler BT, Estrada J, Aranda JM, Pauly DF, Hill JA, Aggarwal R, Nichols WW. Vascular effects of sildenafil in hypertensive cardiac transplant recipients. Am J Hypertens 2003;16:874-7.
- Braith RW, Edwards DG. Endurance exercise training reverses neurohormonal abnormalities in heart failure. Congest Heart Fail 2003; 9:70-76.
- Schofield RS, Schuler BT, Edwards DG, Aranda JM, Hill JA, Nichols WW. Amplitude and timing of central aortic pressure wave reflections in heart transplant recipients. Am J Hyper tens 2002; 15:809-815.
- Nichols WW, Edwards DG. Arterial elastance and wave reflection augmentation of systolic blood pressure: deleterious effects and implications for therapy. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 2001; 6:5-21.
- Braith RW, Howard C, Fricker FJ, Mitchell M, Edwards DG. Glucocorticoid-induced osteopenia in adolescent heart transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant 2000; 19:840-845.
- Braith RW, Edwards DG. Exercise following heart transplantation. Sports Med 2000; 30:171-92.
Funded Grants or Contracts
- Scientist Development Grant July 1, 2004-June 30, 2007
- American Heart Association Northeast Affiliate
- Project Title: Exercise and Vascular Function in Coronary Artery Disease
State, Regional, and National Professional Activities
- American Journal of Hypertension
- American Journal of Kidney Disease
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Physiological Society
- American Heart Association
Honors and Awards
2005 Kent B. Pandolf/USARIEM New England ACSM Young Investigator Award
Health and Exercise Sciences Home Page | University of Delaware Home Page |