- Teacher perceptions of students' competence
- Students' perceptions of their competence
- Teacher cognitions
- Dance choreography
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1990
- M.S., Indiana University, 1977
- B.S., Ithaca College, 1976
- 2008- present HPE Program Director
- 2009-present Dance Minor Advisor
- 1998-present, Associate Professor, University of Delaware
- 1989-1998, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
- 1984-1989, Graduate Teaching Assistant, Syracuse University
- 1982-1984, Administrator, School of the Hartford Ballet
- 1977-1980, Visiting Instructor, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- HESC 251, Skills & Techniques of Teaching: Rhythms & Dance
- HESC 465 Student Teaching Seminar
- EDUC 400 Supervision of Student Teaching
- DANC 208 Dance Composition I
- DANC 207 Dance Improvisation
- Bibik, J.M., Goodwin, S.C., & Orsega-Smith, E.M. (2007). High school students' attitudes toward physical education in Delaware. The Physical Educator, 64(4), 192-204.
- Edwards, K.F. & Bibik, J. M. (2000). Z’s Gift: Teaching HIV/AIDS empathy through storytelling and movement. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, 11, 24-27.
- Bibik, J.M. (1999). Factors influencing college students’ self-perceptions of competence in beginning physical education activity classes. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 18, 255-276.
- Bibik, J.M. & Edwards, K. F. (1998). How are you feeling today? Teaching for emotional literacy. Journal of Health Education, 29, 371-372.
- Bibik, J.M. (1996). Differential treatment of whole classes by a university dance teacher. Sport, Education and Society, 1(2), 215-225.
- "A Time To…”, & “Ballet Divas”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2004
- “Sketches of the Day”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2003
- “Variations”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2002
- “Growing Up”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 2001
- “Feelings…Woe, Woe, Woe, Feelings”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May, 2000
- “Sleeping Beauty Variations” & “Tribute”, Delaware Repertory Dance Company, May 1999.
Honors, Awards, and Major Professional Offices Held
- Member, Policy Board, Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2003-2005)
- Selection Committee, Dance Educator of the Year-College/University (NDA/AAHPERD)(20062008)
- Outstanding Faculty Member Award, presented by Department of Health and Exercise Sciences (1997-1998).
- International Who’s Who in Sport Pedagogy Theory and Research (1994-1996).
- Vice President for Dance, Eastern District of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, (1994-1995).
- Who’s Who in American Education (1992-1995).
- President, Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, 1992-1993.
and Exercise Sciences Home Page | University
of Delaware Home Page |