Sandra D. Baker
Instructor and Supervisor Dietetic Internship
- Nutrition education for low income and vulnerable populations, program assessment, education for nutrition and dietetics majors
- Coursework for EdD in progress, University of Delaware.
- MEd, University of Delaware, 2002.
- Dietetic Internship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 1981.
- B.S. Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University, 1980.
- Supervisor Dietetic Internship-Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. March 2006-present.
- Instructor-Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware. September, 2007 –present.
- Supplemental Faculty- Department of Health, Nutrition and Exercise Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 2001-August, 2007.
- Administrative Academic Advisor-University Advisement Center, University of Delaware, Newark. Delaware, July 2005-March 2006.
- Nutrition Consultant- Student Health Service. University of Delaware, Newark. Delaware, September 1997 – July 2005.
- Nutritionist- Preventive Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute. Christiana Care Health Systems, Newark, Delaware. 1997-2004.
- Nutritionist - William Penn High School Wellness Center. Christiana Care Health Systems, Newark, 1996 – 2002.
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor. University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, 1993 –1996.
- Nutritionist-Memorial Hospital of Salem County Healthy Heart Program, Salem, New Jersey, 1990 –1995.
- Nutrition Consultant. Kids Coalition for Health, Salem, New Jersey, 1993-1995 .
- Nutritionis - Delaware Department Public Health
- Clinical Dietitian - HomeCall, Inc., Gaithersburg and Frederick, Maryland offices
- Clinical Dietitian - Frederick Memorial Hospital, Frederick, Maryland
- NTDT 200 Nutrition Concepts
- NTDT 330 Nutrition Counseling
- (formerly NTDT 305, NTDT 450, NTDT 240)
Local and National Presentations
NACADA National Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, October 21, 2007. Presented poster session: “Beyond Graduation…Advising in a Post-Baccalaureate Distance Internship Program.”
NACADA National Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, October 20, 2006. Presented poster session: “Finding Your Way” an Innovative Freshman Seminar.
NACADA Regional Conference, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, March, 23, 2006. Presented poster session:“Finding Your Way” an Innovative Freshman Seminar. National Assembly on School Based Health Care, Los Angeles, California, June 26, 1998. Presented workshop: Nutrition and Fitness Education as a Bridge to a Healthy Lifestyle.
Eating Disorders: What, Why. 2002. ETR Associates
Eating Vegetarian. 1999. ETR Associates
American Dietetic Association, Registered Dietitian ( ADA)
Delaware Dietetic Association (DDA)-Nominations and Awards Committee
National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
Phi Upsilon Omicron (Home Economics Honor Society)
Phi Sigma (Biology Honor Society)
Fresh Air Fund, Host, 2003
UrbanPromise of Wilmington, Volunteer
Advisor, University of Delaware Nutrition and Dietetics Club, present
American Cancer Society, Delaware Chapter Volunteer, 1998
Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Sciences Home Page | University of Delaware Home Page |