DAS is a non-profit organization and a chapter of the National
Association of Scholars. It was established for the following purposes.
- To enhance the quality and content of academic life.
- To further an informed understanding of the Western
intellectual heritage and of free and democratic institutions.
- To resist the ideological misuse of teaching and scholarship.
- To support rigorous standards in research, teaching and academic
- To provide informed comment on and a free exchange of ideas about
issues and trends in higher education.
- To sponsor speakers, conferences, study groups, symposia,
newsletters, and publications aimed at furthering the above objectives.
DAS Home Page
This page was last modified on: