Top Ten Reasons for choosing UD for your internship (as suggested by previous interns):
10. At the CCSD, there is a long-established tradition of high quality supervision and a focus on training.
9. Interns have time to work on their dissertations or other research projects.
8. Professional development opportunities are encouraged and supported at the same level as they are for senior staff members. In 2012-13, $1,300 of professional development funds are allocated to each person.
7. Interns have the opportunity to work with psychiatrists and receive supervision from them.
6. Interns are on the "free lunch program" in January when we interview prospective interns for the following year!
5. Within our program’s structure, there are many choices for interns to make about selection of clients, groups, consultation, outreach, and teaching.
4. There is an opportunity to engage your audio-video-computer talents (P.S. you can watch videos in your office)!
3. There is no sales tax in Delaware ... so shop until you drop.
2. The group program here really works ... there ARE groups to run!
1. You’ve got to love a school with a blue hen for a mascot!
Center for Counseling & Student Development
261 Perkins Student Center, Newark, DE 19716