Tuesday, February 28, 2012
12:00pm to 3:30pm
Bob Carpenter Sports Building/Convocation Center
This fair targets the all engineering, technology, and science majors (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechology, information technology, math, physics, etc). Click here for the complete list of majors. Company
representatives will be in attendance to provide you with information
regarding their organization, hiring needs and requirements for full-time & part-time jobs, and internship opportunities. Approximately 100 companies are expected to register to attend the fair this year. Come dressed for success with resumes in
The job fair is open to all University of Delaware students, alumni and experienced candidates from the greater community.
This fair is held in partnership with the University of Delaware and the Delaware BioScience Association.
Non-UD Job Seekers & Experienced Candidates:
UD Students & Alumni:
For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Career Fair log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events". See who's coming, what positions they are hiring for, and to apply.
All participants attending the Career Fair will be given a
program including a listing and floor plan of the company
Want to know who came last year? Go to the "Resource Library" under "documents" in your Blue Hen Careers account for the 2011 booklet of organizations with the majors they were seeking.
What you need to prepare:
- Mulitple copies of a solid resume - bring copies of your resume to hand out! Need resume advice - click here.
- Research the Organizations! For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Career Fair log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events".
- Read over "Preparing
for a Job Fair" to help you be successful in meeting
- Dress Professionally - these are potential employers you will be meeting.
- Update your Blue Hen Careers profile with your current major and graduation date
- Attend a one of these pre-fair events (find upcoming events on the Career Events calendar):
- Get Ready for the Career Fair - giving you the top tips and tricks of preparing and navigating career fairs
- Writing Winning Resumes & Cover Letters - to help polish your resume
- The "30-Commercial" - showing you how to market yourself in just 30 seconds!
- Acing the Interview - to helping you to understand what questions employers will ask and how to prepare for them.
- Job Search Strategies for International Students
- Employer Resume Reviews - TBD from 1:30pm 4:00pm (last appointment is at 4:00pm). Industry professionals will at Career Services to offer valuable feedback on your resume and what exactly they look for in resumes from recent college graduates. Log into your Blue Hen Careers account. Click on the link on your account home page, upload your resume, and then select apply to choose your time slot. Timeslots are on a first-come, first-serve basis so sign-up today!
- Employer Mock Interviews - TBD from 1:30pm 4:00pm (last appointment is at 4:00pm). Industry professionals will be offering guidance on the do’s and don’ts of interviewing through half-hour mock interviews. Get valuable feedback on your interviewing skills. Log into your Blue Hen Careers account. Click on the link on your account home page, upload your resume, and then select apply to choose your time slot. Timeslots are on a first-come, first-serve basis so sign-up today!
- On-campus interviews - Organizations may be interviewing on-campus from now until the end of the semester. Be prepared to respond if a company asks you to come back for an interview.
- Ride the UD Shuttle Bus (South Route) to the Career Fair - click here for the schedule.
- Parking is free if you decide to drive to the Bob Carpenter Center at 631 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716.
Below are the employers registered for
the 2012 career fair.
- Air Liquide USA
- ANP Technologies, Inc.
- CAI (Computer Aid, Inc.)
- Cianbro Corporation
- City of Dover
- Constellation Energy/BGE
- Croda Inc.
- Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDot)
- Dept. of Technology and Information - State of DE
- DuPont Company
- DuPont Company
- EOIR Technologies
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Golder Associates
- Gore (W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.)
- Greene Tweed & Company
- Hillel - Masa Program to Israel
- Independence Construction Materials
- INROADS Inc
- James Posey Associates, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
- Johnson Controls
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- L&T Infotech
- Lutron Electronics
- Marlabs Inc.
- Maryland State Highway Administration
- McCrone, Inc.
- Merck Animal Health
- MICROS Systems Inc.
- NextDocs Corporation
- NMP Engineering Consultants, Inc.
- O'Brien & Gere
- PepsiCo / Pepsi Beverages Company
- Quebec Immigration Department
- RETTEW Associates
- Robert Half Technology
- Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
- SevOne Inc.
- Shadow Financial Systems, Inc.
- SURVICE Engineering Company
- The Wistar Institute
- Turkey Hill Dairy
- U.S. Navy
- UD Graduate Business Programs
- United State Air Force
- Wallace, Montgomery & Associates, LLP
- Whitman, Requardt and Associates