The University of Delaware has a Career Development Model, which outlines steps for students throughout their four years that can better prepare them for eventual employment. Each step has specific activities in which the student can engage.
- Assess skills, interests, values and
- Explore career options and academic majors
- Experience careers through student activities;
volunteer work, summer and part-time jobs and internships
- Build job search skills
- Connect with full time job opportunities
- Consider graduate or professional school