12:00pm - 3:30pm
Bob Carpenter Sports Building /Convocation Center
Now incorporates the Engineering, Science, & Technology Career Fair!
This fair is geared towards ALL MAJORS and ALL DEGREE LEVELS! Organizations representing the following will be attending the fair:
- Corporations, mid-size, and small businesses
- Non-profit and related organizations
- Government agencies
- Summer camps & community organizations
- Volunteer organizations
- On-campus departments hiring for the summer
Organization representatives will be in attendance to provide you with information regarding their organization, hiring needs and requirements for full-time jobs, internships and summer employment.
Open to all UD students and alumni
Students & Alumni:
For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Spring Career Fair log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events". See who's coming, what positions they are hiring for, and to apply.
All participants attending the Spring Career Fair will be given a
program including a listing and floor plan of the company
Want to know who came last year? Go to the "Resource Library" under "documents" in your Blue Hen Careers account for the 2011 booklet of organizations with the majors they were seeking.
What you need to prepare:
- Mulitple copies of a solid resume - bring copies of your resume to hand out! Need resume advice - click here.
- Research the Organizations! For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Spring Career Expo log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events".
- Read over "Preparing
for a Job Fair" to help you be successful in meeting
- Dress Professionally - these are potential employers you will be meeting.
- Update your Blue Hen Careers profile with your current major and graduation date
- Attend a one of these pre-fair events (find upcoming events on the Career Events calendar):
- Get Ready for the Career Fair - giving you the top tips and tricks of preparing and navigating career fairs
- Writing Winning Resumes & Cover Letters - to help polish your resume
- The "30-Commercial" - showing you how to market yourself in just 30 seconds!
- Acing the Interview - to helping you to understand what questions employers will ask and how to prepare for them.
- Employer Resume Review - industry professionals will be here to offer valuable feed-back on your resume and what exactly they look for in resumes from college students and alumni.
- Job Search Strategies for International Students
- On-campus interviews - Organizations may be interviewing on-campus from now until the end of the semester. Be prepared to respond if a company asks you to come back for an interview.
- Ride the UD Shuttle Bus (South Route) to the Career Fair - click here for the schedule.
- Parking is free if you decide to drive to the Bob Carpenter Center at 631 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716.