The reciprocity policy enables University of Delaware
alumni/ae to request use of the career center of a more local college or university.
The University of Delaware Career Center will write a general letter of reciprocity
on your behalf requesting use of another career centers' services.
You may wish to contact a college's career center
before visiting, to determine which services might be available to you.
Typically, colleges offer the following services
through the reciprocity policy:
- career literature, videotapes, resource directories,
annual reports, and contact information for researching career fields, companies,
- "how-to" guides on resume and cover letter writing,
informational interviewing and interviewing.
- workshops on resume writing, cover letter writing,
and various other topics are available at some universities.
- job listings, usually organized by career fields,
are available on a database or in binders.
- appointments with counselors are available at
very few of the universities through the reciprocity policy.
Requesting a Reciprocity Letter
If you would like to make use of this arrangement, please call the University
of Delaware Career Services Center at 302-831-2391, or send an e-mail message
to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following
- Your Name
- Year of Graduation
- Your Mailing Address
- Your Phone Number
- Institution(s) desired:
Reciprocity Policy for Non-UD Students and Non-UD
Limited services are available to non-UD students and alumni. Reciprocal
Services are reserved for students and alumni of colleges and universities
outside the state of Delaware. Students and alumni from colleges and universities
within Delaware need to make use of the resources offered by their “home”
institutions. Requesting individuals must provide a letter requesting service
from the their "home" institution. The purpose of the letter is
1. To verify that the individual is a student or
graduate of that institution, and
2. To indicate the nature of services that would be made available to UD students
requesting service from that institution. Service may be denied if the “home”
institution does not provide similar reciprocity.
1. Initial one half-hour appointment with a career advisor.
2. Access to www.udel.edu/CSC- the Career Services web site
3. Attendance at workshops on resume writing, job search, and interview preparation.