Thursday, September 20, 2012
Bob Carpenter Center
12:00pm - 3:30pm
If you are looking for a full-time job or an internship this year or next summer, this is the event for you! This event is UD's largest career fair for ALL MAJORS and ALL DEGREE LEVELS with over 200 employers expected to attend.
- Corporations, mid-size, and small businesses
- Non-profit and related organizations
- Government agencies
- Camps & community organizations**
- Volunteer organizations**
** - denotes newly incorporated volunteer & community organizations
Organization representatives will be in attendance to provide information regarding career and opportunities with their organization, as well as hiring needs and requirements for full-time jobs and internships.
Students & Alumni:
For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Fall Career Fair log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events". See who's coming, what positions they are hiring for, and to apply.
Get the 2011 book online! Go to the "Resource Library" under "documents" in your Blue Hen Careers account for the 2011 booklet.
All participants attending the Fall Career Fair will be given a
program including a listing and floor plan of the company
Want to know who came last year? Go to the "Resource Library" under "documents" in your Blue Hen Careers account for the 2011 booklet of organizations with the majors they were seeking.
What you need to prepare:
- Mulitple copies of a solid resume - bring copies of your resume to hand out! Need resume advice - click here.
- Research the Organizations! For the full list of organizations currently registered for the Fall Career Expo log into your Blue Hen Careers account and go to "events".
- Read over "Preparing
for a Job Fair" to help you be successful in meeting
- Dress Professionally
- these are potential employers you will be meeting.
- Update your Blue Hen Careers profile with your current major and graduation date
- Attend a one of these pre-fair events (find upcoming events on the Career Events calendar):
- Get Ready for the Career Fair - giving you the top tips and tricks of preparing and navigating career fairs
- Writing Winning Resumes & Cover Letters - to help polish your resume
- The "30-Commercial" - showing you how to market yourself in just 30 seconds!
- Acing the Interview - to helping you to understand what questions employers will ask and how to prepare for them.
- Employer Resume Review - industry professionals will be here to offer valuable feed-back on your resume and what exactly they look for in resumes from college students and alumni.
- Job Search Strategies for International Students
- On-campus interviews - Organizations may be interviewing on-campus from now until the end of the semester. Be prepared to respond if a company asks you to come back for an interview.
- Ride the UD Shuttle Bus (South Route) to the Fall Career Fair - click here for the schedule.
- Parking is free if you decide to drive to the Bob Carpenter Center at 631 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19716.
Questions? Email Kristal Olowolafe, Events Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: July 13, 2011 (KO)