Volume 2 Issue 22 March 26, 2007
Quote of the Week
“Security can only be achieved through constant change, through discarding old ideas that have outlived their usefulness and adapting others to current facts.” - William O. Douglas
What's Going on This Week
Join the Delaware African Student Association (DASA) for a night of food, fun, and entertainment as DASA presents...
Snapshot of Africa: Masks Unveiled
Friday, April 6th at 7pm in Bacchus Theater
$10-UD Students/Faculty (in advance)
Red Carpet Attire
Future Date of Interest
“YoUDee” Leadership Award Nominations
Get recognition for your outstanding programs and leaders! Registered Student Organizations, Fraternities & Sororities, Club Sports and Individuals are eligible for nominations, and anyone can submit.
Don’t wait until the deadline, submit yours now!
Nominations are due Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 4:30 p.m.
For a complete list of categories, description and nomination forms go to:www.udel.edu/student-centers/AandP/leadership/lead-awards.html
Leadership Award Ceremony will be held on Thurs. May 10th
Kente Stole Ceremony
Reminder to undergraduate students with a 2007 expected date of graduation.
To participate in the Kente Stole Ceremony, you must RSVP by returning the response form and fee to the Center for Black Culture by April 2, 2007.
Kente Stole Ceremony will be held on Fri. May 25th
Career Development/ Job Opportunities
First Annual Student Video Festival
La Mura Video Festival, a new collaboration between Entertaining Diversity, Inc. and The National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) provides personal voices to young people, on issues of race, culture and identity through video storytelling!
The media tries hard to NOT represent you. That’s not okay. Tell your story. Speak out. Celebrate true diversity and envision equity. Produce a video that will help the world understand your culture and make a difference.
As a team, produce a short documentary or fiction film that tells a story about your community with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, poverty, religion and/or immigration. The story should emphasize strength, honor, conviction, love and commitment that exemplifies who you are as a community. The story can be about a person who represents a group, or a group that represents an idea, practice, struggle or anything that defines a culture. Submission deadlines: June 1 and August 15, 2007.
For more information: www.EntertainingDiversity.com/LaMuraVideoFestivalLamura@EntertainingDiversity.com
UD Facilities Summer Jobs (Free Housing Available for Students)
- Custodial Manager Assistants ($8.50/hour) -Organize custodial staff, quality control and inspections, maintain supply inventory.
- Linen Clerks ($8.00/hour)-Inventory, deliver and stock linen.
- Furnishing Assistants ($8.50/hour)-Perform quality control inspections, maintain supply inventory and provide general assistance.
- Grounds ($8.00/hour)-Pick up litter, water plants.
- Maintenance ($8.50/hour)-Assist HVAC mechanics. Assist housing mechanics.
- Office Support ($8.00/hour)-Work processing, data entry and spreadsheet experience. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and basic HTML editing required.
- Custodial ($8.00/hour)-Perform building cleaning tasks and related work. Operate cleaning equipment and follow established procedures.
For your convenience you can apply online by visiting: www.facilities.udel.edu