The house rules are also available in pdf format for printing, which may require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
1. House Rules and any additions thereto are established and may be revised by the Board
2. House Rules apply to all Club members and their guests. Members are responsible for the conduct
3. A service charge is added to all purchases to support differentiated wages and bonus programs
4. The Blue & Gold Club is open for lunch and dinner according to published hours. The facilities,
5. The Club and its employees are charged to operate and maintain the facilities and to provide high quality food, beverage, meeting, and other services in accordance with these rules and in keeping
6. Reservations are recommended in the dining room for lunch and dinner. Appropriate attire is required of all members and guests as follows- Main Dining Room Special Occasion Events (i.e. Valentines Day, Mother’s Day): Traditional-suit coat or sports jacket for men. Main Dining Room: Modern-business casual. Tavern: Casual-informal dress attire.
7. On occasion, the Club may schedule a special event in any of the dining rooms and pmit the availability of tables. When such an event is scheduled, members will be notified in advance,
8. Members who would like to reserve the Club’s rooms for meeting, luncheons, dinners, or other functions need to make arrangements in person at the Club office, via phone or e-mail.
9. Members may sponsor non-profit organizations to use the Club for meetings, conferences,
10. To ensure that use of the Club’s facilities does not adversely affect the membership as a whole, the Board of Directors may establish guidelines regarding the groups and kinds of functions that will be accommodated.
11. Members and guests are expected to show regard for the protection of Club property and
12. The Club’s liquor license is a valuable asset and its use is regulated by the Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner (OABCC). Members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that will not jeopardize the Club’s license. Alcoholic beverages served in the Club are for consumption on the premises only. Delaware State law precludes the sale and the consumption of alcoholic beverages to persons under 21 years of age and to persons visibly intoxicated.
13. All food and beverages consumed in the Club must be furnished by the Club. Certain food and beverages paid for but not consumed at catered events may be taken upon request to the extent permitted by the Catering policy in effect at that time.
14. All food, drinks, supplies or services furnished by the Club must be recorded on a member’s
15. Members and guests may pay for services with the Blue & Gold Club card (except payments
16. Bills rendered by the Club for Club charges are due and payable in full upon receipt. Charges
17. Membership is continuous, year-to-year, unless the member gives written notice of resignation, becomes ineligible or is terminated by action of the Board of Directors.
18. Membership dues are payable in full each year on or before July 1 or upon approval of an application for membership. Failure to pay dues within 30 days is a basis for action by the
19. Revised: July 1, 1993 ; October 6, 2004 ; November 28, 2005.