HONORS ART HISTORY MAJOR
The Honors Degree and the Honors Degree with Distinction are Delaware's most comprehensive enriched undergraduate degree experiences.
The Honors Degree recognizes a student's excellent performance in Honors coursework in and outside the primary major. The Honors Degree with Distinction recognizes a student's completion of the research requirements for the Degree with Distinction in addition to the successful pursuit of Honors coursework throughout the degree program.
The complete requirements for an Honors Baccalaureate Degree are as follows:
- The requirements for the baccalaureate degree in the major (including all University and college requirements), as well as any other specific requirements the major department may set for the Honors Degree.
- The general requirements for the Honors Degree:
- University of Delaware cumulative grade-point index of at least 3.400 at the time of graduation.
- least 30 credits earned in Honors courses. Of these Honors credits:
- At least 12 must be in the major department or in closely related courses in collateral disciplines specifically required for the major.
- At least 12 must be taken at the 300 level or higher, not including the first-year interdisciplinary Honors colloquium (which is usually numbered 390).
- Three credits must be in an Honors Degree seminar or Honors capstone course experience approved by the student's major department and the University Honors Program, to be completed in the last 2 semesters of a student's degree program.
- Plus additional Honors credits as needed to reach the 30 required Honors credits.
- Submission of the Honors Degree Application Form to the University Honors Program by May 15 the year before a student is planning to graduate.
A minimum grade of C- is required in Honors courses counting toward the Honors Degree. Honors coursework taken pass/fail cannot count for the Honors Degree unless the course is only offered pass/fail.
The complete requirements for an Honors Baccalaureate Degree with Distinction are as follows:
- The complete requirements for the Honors Baccalaureate Degree (see above).
- Six credits of Honors thesis or project (UNIV401/UNIV402) and the successful oral presentation of an acceptable thesis or project to a committee of faculty approved by the major department, the Honors Program, and the Undergraduate Research Program.
- Six credits of Honors thesis may be counted as part of the 30 Honors credits required for the Honors Degree.
- Completion of any additional specifications for the thesis or project set by the major department.
A minimum grade of C- is required in Honors courses counting toward the Honors Degree with Distinction. Honors coursework taken pass/fail cannot count for the Honors Degree with Distinction unless the course is only offered pass/fail.