Dinner Meeting: February 2001
Annual Business Meeting|
- Future DE chapter events and activities, including monthly
meetings, our "Annual" Symposium, short courses, picnic, etc. This
includes type of event, location, scheduled time, duration, etc.
- Cancellation of space at Clayton Hall for our April, 2001
Larry has already cancelled this reservation.
A committee, chairperson and ideas for 2002 are needed.
- Candidates for DE chapter officer elections 2001.
- Future issues regarding our Hoerl Award.
- Issues associated with our 501c-3, non-profit status.
Joe Skwish has had conversations with John Pesek, John
Schunemeyer, the lawyers who set up our 501c-3 status for us, and
Steve Porzio (ASA national office treasurer) on this topic. In
addition Porzio and our lawyers have also discussed the issue and
the bottom line seems to be that for the small cost of the annual
DE license renewal fee, we gain some additional liability
protection for maintaining our own independent 501c-3 DE
incorporation over and above the protection we have under the ASA
national umbrella alone.
- Membership recruitment/rejuvenation
- Contacting new members who enroll by paying fees through national
ASA dues collection: Who does it and how, etc.
- Free first time dinner invitations to brand-new members.
- Seeking new members who do not join through ASA/national.
- New Programs/projects?
- Speakers on careers in statistics for secondary schools classes.
||Thursday, February 22, 2001 |
||Social hour -- 6:00 pm|
Dinner -- 6:30 pm
Speaker -- 7:15 pm
4301 Kirkwood Hwy
(across from Best Buy)
Soup of the Day|
Pasta: Spaghetti in homemade tomato sauce
Entree (choose one):
Chicken Cacciatore (Chicken breast simmered with fresh peppers,
onions, tomatoes in a wine garlic sauce,
with veg. of the day and rosted potatoes)
Veal Parmigiana (breaded veal cutlet with pomodoro sauce and mozz.
cheese, side of spaghetti)
Porchetta (rotisserie pork served au jus with veg. of the day and
Soda & coffee (unlimited)
If you desire a vegetarian meal, please so indicate in your RSVP.
||$20 for members (note lower price), $10 for students
Reservations to Joe Pultz by Monday, February 19, 2001.
Please note: Be sure to RSVP by this date, to assure a meal is reserved
Return to Delaware Chapter ASA home page.