Tasks and Priorities
- There are three types of tasks in your life. Think of them as properties of matter: SOLID, LIQUID, OR GAS.
- SOLID: the task must be done-you do not control when it will be done. This includes class, work schedule, regularly-scheduled meetings, athletic practice…
- LIQUID: the task must be done, but you control when it gets done. This includes study hours, laundry, tutoring sessions…
- GAS: the task is entirely optional; you are free to do it or to leave it alone. This includes social get-togethers, trips to the mall…
- And there are three priority levels:
The task must be done, and it must be done NOW (due today/tomorrow).
- The task must be done, but it's not urgent (due at a later, specified date/time).
- The task can be done whenever (or if ever) time allows (any time—but you want to be sure it stays on your radar).