On the Web
- Goal-setting: Another approach to setting up your goals, from The George Washington University.
- Goal-setting flowchart: A good visualization for evaluating your progress, from the University of Illinois, Chicago.
- Setting Your Priorities: A helpful template for thinking things through.
- Ways to Make the Best Use of your Time: A helpful checklist.
- Ten Online Tools for Better Attention and Focus: primarily for MACs, but some PC apps, too.
- A student's perspective on social networking: One student's disenchantment with Facebook.
- Organizational patterns: Matching the ways that material can be structured, with suggested reformatting options.
- Online Cornell Notes: A template for making Cornell work for you.
- Reading Textbooks: Another approach to text reading, from Mount St. Vincent University.
- Reading in the Sciences: Some specific recommendations for working with science texts, from Cuesta College.
- Ebbinghaus Forgetting Curve: More information on how memory works.
- Studying for particular courses: Some ideas for study in specific disciplines, from the University of Illinois, Chicago.
Your professor/TA's office